Hawaii State Federal Credit UnionPrivacy Notice and Disclosure
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
Parties Who Receive Information from Us
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms, such as your name, address, social security number and income;
- Information about your transactions with us or other companies that work closely with us, such as your account balances, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit card usage;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
Disclosure of Information to Parties that Provide Services to Us
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies;
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, plastic card processors, and government agencies.
In order for us to conduct the business of the Credit Union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, to conduct the operations of the Credit Union, to follow your instructions, or to protect the security of our financial records. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties. Disclosure of Information about Former Members
If you terminate your membership with the Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to persons who need to know that personal information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal Regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.